The Association of Financial Advisers is a professional organisation that has been serving the financial advising industry for over 65 years. Its aim is to provide members with a robust united voice continually improve practises and focus firmly on the exciting, dynamic future of the financial advising industry.
Code of Ethics
The position of the Financial Adviser is unique. The Financial Adviser owes a professional duty towards clients and must act at all times in their best interest. By observing the highest ethical standards, the Financial Adviser can ensure their clients’ mutual needs are satisfied.
- Act in the best interest of my clients to extend their financial life and abide by the laws and regulations under which I conduct business.
- Strive to achieve the highest standards of professional competence by maintaining and improving my knowledge and skills.
- Hold in strictest confidence and consider privileged, all business and personal information pertaining to my clients’ affairs.
- Present accurately, honestly and completely, every fact known to me which is essential to my clients’ decision making.
- Use all ethical means to educate my clients about their present and future financial needs.
- To provide an appropriate level of service to my clients and their beneficiaries.
- Maintain high standards of personal and professional conduct to reflect favourably upon the profession of Financial Adviser and serve as an example to others.